Distinctly New Zealand Ingredients
Great Taste NZ provides the very best of New Zealand ingredients to chefs, caterers and food specialist companies.
From game and exotic meats to oils of New Zealand, honeys, New Zealand saffron and herbs and spices of the land and sea – all are foods and ingredients that define dishes, menus and events as ‘distinctly New Zealand’.
Our specialist knowledge of New Zealand ingredients has helped create extraordinary new dishes, menus and products, and added significant value to New Zealand restaurants and food-related businesses.
Wild venison, pork, goat, hare, rabbit and ostrich; indigenous herbs such as horopito, kawakawa and pikopiko; and the delicate flavour of karengo – this is just a small sampling of the unique New Zealand ingredients in our range that has inspired chefs, caterers and food artisans throughout New Zealand and internationally.
Defining New Zealand Cuisine
Great Taste NZ owner John Millward is a respected market developer in the food sector with a passion for defining New Zealand cuisine worldwide.
Since 1998, he has sourced, developed and promoted New Zealand meats and ingredients that have made their mark on cuisine innovations in cafes, restaurants and hotels, and have helped showcase New Zealand at events such as the 2011 Rugby World Cup and New Zealand Fashion Week.
Great Taste NZ Clients
Our clients include:
- Chefs buying the best of New Zealand products and ingredients for their uniquely-New Zealand signature dishes and menus
- Caterers seeking specialist assistance with a distinctly New Zealand menu design for events
- Specialist food companies adding value to their products by infusing them with unique flavours from the Great Taste NZ range
- Food artisans and boutique food companies eager to be clustered by Great Taste NZ with other innovative New Zealand enterprises: together they can more ably tell their collective story and sell their products on the world’s markets
- Cold Smoker05 Dec 2012
At last a cost efficient Cold Smoker!! The UFO Cold Smoke Generator unit can be readily attached to standard smoke box with double racks. (You can of...
- Wild Kitchens05 Dec 2012
Monteiths Brewing Co have published their new book WILD KITCHENS (The Best of Monteiths Beer and Wild Food Challenge) By Kerry Tyach Little Karoo have...
- TASTE – Auckland05 Dec 2012
From all reports TASTE Auckland in November this year was very well attended even though there was some rather dodgy weather. Makoto Tokuyama of Coco...
- Marlborough Saffron Room05 Dec 2012
Little Karoo (Great Taste NZ) has an exclusive supply position for Marlborough Saffron products in the New Zealand market, servicing Hospitality and D...
- Asian Influence05 Dec 2012
Asian styles of Cuisine and ingredients ( Japanese, Korean, Malaysian, Thai ) have made a huge impact on NZ Cuisine. Restaurants of all types now pres...